The Saudi Technology Lube Oil Plant is a Petro Refinery owned by Ms. Hamad Al Sagri Holdings- (HsH) a long established Business Group in the beginning of year 1974 , based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The STLOP – The state-of-the-art refinery and its sub-industries will mark the beginning of environmental friendly petrochemical and BO processing in the region.- with a capacity of 40,000MT/Year
The discovery of oil changed the entire economic situation of Saudi Arabia. As early as 1923, Ibn Saud granted an oil-prospecting concession to a British company, but this concession was never exploited. Although oil was discovered in 1938, World War II curtailed oil-producing activities until near its end. The Ras Tanura refinery was opened in 1945, and rapid expansion of the oil industry followed to meet increasing postwar demand.
In 1951 the Arabian American Oil Company (Aramco) discovered the first offshore field in the Middle East, at Raʾs Al-Saffāniyyah, just south of the former Saudi Arabia–Kuwait neutral zone, and oil was discovered in the zone itself in 1953. Al-Ghawār, just south of Dhahran and west of Al-Hufūf, is one of the world’s largest oil fields. The first portion of the Al-Ghawār oil field was discovered at ʿAyn Dār in 1948. Intensive exploration of the Rubʿ al-Khali began in 1950, and oil fields were finally discovered in the area in the 1970s